Tuesday, May 16, 2006

So it finally happened.....

So when I started this blog it was designed to be a record of owning my first TVR… to keep check on how often “she” breaks down and how much the repairs cost me over the years. But I’ve had nothing to post. Nadda. Just months of immense fun blatting around the country.

But finally it had to happen. The 3rd May 2006 wasn’t a particularly hot day (but a TVR one none the less!) and stuck in traffic on the way to work the water temperature went up to 102°C! Not good, some steam visible from the bonnet. Once the traffic was moving it went down but basically neither of the two radiator cooling fans were cutting in (usually they do at approx 91 and 94). She did get me to work still though. (As a side note my BMW broke down approx 1 week before the Tiv did!).

So having bought the top of the range AA cover I gave them a bell. Within 45 minutes a patrol guy had arrived, who thankfully didn’t want to touch it and called the flatbed in. Soon she was winging her way to Racing Green without me, where Martin wove his usual magic and in 2 days she was like new. The new thermostat (and possibly new temperature sensor?) were covered by the warranty so it was a big fat zero added to the running costs total.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home